Give Us 1% of Your Confidence, We'll Earn the Other 99%

Our Company

We are not "the new kid on the block": We have performed Building Inspections, Home Inspections and Energy Efficiency related inspections in the greater Knoxville, Tennessee area since 1993. Service areas for Energy Efficiency Services include: Sevierville TN, Pigeon Forge TN, Maryville TN, Dandridge TN, Gatlinburg TN, Newport TN, Morristown TN, Johnson City TN, Kingsport TN, Bristol TN, Chattanooga TN, Sevier County, Knox County, Blount County, Grainger County, Greene County, Sullivan County, Washington County and most all areas of Eastern Tennessee and Western North Carolina.  Please also see our Inspection related website:

Our unique experience and qualifications have established our place in this industry. This allows us to make a distinctive and substantial impact for our clients.  We have been inspecting and troubleshooting problems in homes for over 20 years. Aside from reducing energy burdens, often homeowners need help with comfort concerns, window condensation, foundation drainage, moisture in the attic and indoor air quality. Our team is equipped with the experience and skills necessary diagnose and propose solutions to these problems and more.

For more information please call 800-511-4880

Your Inspector

Tom Maides has performed over three hundred Energy Audits and Ratings primarily in Knox, Blount, Sevier, Greene, Washington, Sullivan, Cocke and Jefferson Counties for various Human Resource Agencies, Home Owners and Builders.  In addition, he has performed over three thousand Home and Building Inspections.  He is currently contracted with a TVA consultant to provide energy audits, several local builders to perform HERS energy ratings and the Town of Pittman Center to perform Building Inspections for Code Compliance.
Education includes: BS NC State University and numerous continuing education courses taken.  Other certifications he has received include:

  • Advanced Energy's Building Science- Master Certification
  • Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst Certification
  • Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET) Home Energy Rating System Rater   (HERS)
  • Level I Thermography (#261) The University of Mississippi
  • Weatherization Assistance Program Energy Auditor and Contractor- TN Department of Human Resources
  • Tennessee State Building Inspector (#418)
  • Tennessee Home Inspector License (License #57)
  • A licensed Building Contractor in the State of Tennessee (#41012)
  • ASHI Member (#103114)
  • Professional Member of ICC (International Code Congress)
  • Chief Building Code Analyst (#532) SBCCI Southern Building Code Congress     which is now the International Code Congress (ICC)
  • Building Plans Examiner (SBCCI) & (5180221-B3 ICC)
  • One and Two Family Dwelling Inspector (#2198 SBCCI)
  • Housing and Rehabilitation Inspector (#1723 SBCCI)
  • Certified Housing Code Official (5180221-H6 ICC)
  • Certified Building Code Official (5180221-B6 ICC)
  • Residential Combination Inspector (5180221-R5 ICC)
  • Building Inspector (5180221-B5 ICC)
  • Residential Radon Measurement Provider (National Radon Proficiency Program)
  • Small Water and Wastewater Operator (Tennesse Department of Environment     and Conservation)

Using past experience, education, a comprehensive Building Science approach and
commitment to excellence; energy services exceed industry standards.  More
information about our qualifications is available at